View a timeline of the progress for this grants projects.
- November 16, 2017: The City of Lenoir submits an application for a Brownfields Assessment grant.
- April, 2018: The City of Lenoir is awarded a $300,000 Brownfields Assessment grant for site assessments and redevelopment planning.
- June 22, 2018: The city submits a budget justification and work plan to the EPA for the 2018 Brownfields Assessment grant.
- June 26, 2018: The Brownfields committee holds a meeting. Topics discussed include:
- Public Outreach
- Site Survey, which is to be used to rank the plausibility that a site will qualify for Brownfields funding (to create a priority list)
- Submitted documents
- Website development (including presentation of proposed website)
- October 1, 2018: The grant funding will be received and project work can begin. The initial project's time frame will be three years.