Zoning & Housing Issues

Zoning and Housing issues are handled by the Planning Department. 

Call 828-757-2212 to report or inquire about:

  • Zoning use violations — businesses operating in the wrong zoning district or without a license
  • Zoning building violations — work without permits, improper improvements
  • Deteriorated or dilapidated commercial structures
  • Deteriorated or dilapidated residential structures
  • Mobile home park inspections
  • Permits and inspections of wind-blown advertising devices, inflatables, and banners
  • Sign violations (off-site signs, signs without permits, illegal signs)
  • Backyard chicken permits and inspections

Click the following link to go to the Planning Department page.