The City of Lenoir Parks & Recreation Department is offering two lifeguard certification classes this month and next. Students must complete the pretest for the first class by tomorrow.
Parks & Recreation staff are offering lifeguard certification classes March 11-13 and April 18-20. Students who successfully complete the course may be offered employment with the Lenoir Aquatic and Fitness Center.
Participants must be 15 years old on or before the pretest deadline to participate. Girls must wear a one-piece swimsuit. All participants must be able to swim 300 yards without stopping, tread water for two minutes with the legs only, and do a submerged 10 pound brick test.
March 11-13 Schedule
- Pretest must be completed on or before Tuesday, March 8
- Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 11:00am - 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 8:00 am until finished
April 18-20 Schedule
- Pretest must be completed on or before Friday, April 15
- Monday through Wednesday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The cost is $75.00 for City of Lenoir residents and $100.00 non-City residents. Call 828-757-2196 for more information.