Any time a new or existing business wishes to install one or more billiard tables, the owner must apply for a Billiard/Pool Hall License by submitting the following information the Police Department:
- The application completed and signed, and the required fee
- $2,000 bond
- A statement of the character and reliability of the applicant signed by five residents of the city.
The License must be approved by City Council by a majority vote. The process typically takes 30 days.
Reasons License Can Be Denied
The City Council will not issue a license for a billiard hall to any of the following persons:
- Any person or partnership or corporation which has a member who has ever been convicted of a felony
- Any person, or partnership or corporation which has a member who has been convicted of a second offense against the provisions of this article
- Any person, or partnership, or corporation which has a member who has been convicted of an offense involving moral turpitude or who is a habitual user of intoxicating liquors or narcotic drugs
- Any person to whom the council feels, for good and reasonable cause, that it should not issue such license